What We Do
Established in 2017, CryptoBLK in Hong Kong is a young and thriving technology start-up specialising in Blockchain solutions. Expanding our offices in Taiwan and China, we’ve built up the complete set of DLT software development and operation capabilities in Trade Finance, Supply Chain & Logistic, Insurance Technology, Central Bank-issued Digital Currency (CBDC), Payment & Settlement & Crypto-Tokens. Together, we empower our customers to unleash their Web3 potential through blockchain technology and to create a trusted digital ecosystem.
Why Work Here
CryptoBLKers are widely diverse and believe deeply in the power of “connected”. We’re united by a common DNA because we’re the people who revolution the global FinTech market with Blockchain and Cryptography. We’re all passionate about individual skillsets of every CryptoBLKer coming together to form a multi-dimensional presence. We’re jus getting started and welcome other intellectually curious and open-minded individuals to join our family.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a Head of Engineering whose overall responsibility and accountability for the Engineering function include strategic planning & development, people and budgetary management.
- Provide technical support to the business development, estimating and engineering teams.
- Responsible for Company IT operations, not limited to system enhancement, administration, infrastructure, application software, security & risk assessment.
- Work closely with different business units on product development, market opportunities and trends.
- Responsible for developing the appropriate organizational structure, resource plans and culture to support the business objectives.
- Report on Engineering activities on a regular basis to the Senior Management team.
- Provide technical advise to customers during the lifecycle of the project.
Strategy and Development
- Create and implement best practice engineering vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to improve business performance in terms of work and the quality of deliverables.
- Ensure that engineering strategies and processes are in place to meet business objectives and operational needs in terms of price, quality and delivery targets and which enables the company to function and compete effectively in the market.
- Evaluate Crypto and IT trends, recommend and implement technological strategic solutions.
- Set department objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance.
- Provide leadership to departments under control and coach mentor and develop direct reports and manage a high performing team that delivers continuous improvement, added value and cost reductions.
- Provide leadership, coordination and coaching to the team, ensuring they are trained enabling them to achieve the operational and financial metrics within their areas of responsibility and succeed in their roles.
- Ensure strong communication between teams under leadership to facilitate exchange of information and in order to implement change and improvements.
Financial Budget and Relationship Management
- Prepare and regular review departmental budget, and cost analysis, manage technical projects.
- Work collaboratively, negotiate and engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the engineering strategy.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experiences in software development or program/project management with a leadership role.
- Strong knowledge on Blockchain and related areas such as cryptography or computer security is a plus.
- Experience in technical team leading/development is a plus.
What We Expect
- Technically savvy, excellent technological knowledge and know-how.
- Passionate in pursuing knowledge and understanding on technological advancement.
- Have strong passion on pursuing technological excellence.
- Self-motivated, dynamic with critical eye for details.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skill in verbal and written skills in English and Chinese.
What You’II Receive
As an equal opportunities employer, we’re dedicated to provide fringe benefits so as to fostering a family-friendly culture and work environment.
Market Leading Remuneration Package:
- Birthday Leave
- Discretionary Bonus
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employee Share Option Subscription Scheme (ESOSS)
Supportive Working Environment:
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Education Sponsorship
- Health Check
- Laboratory Test
- Five-Day Week Schedule
- Work From Home Policy
- Company Activities
- Birthday Party
- Happy Friday
How To Apply
Does the above sound interest to you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Interested candidates can send an application with a detailed resume, current and expected salary, and availability to us.